We are looking for a passionate and experienced full time Assistant Store Manager to join the team at our IGA Store in Broadway.
About the role
The Assistant Store Manager together in collaboration with the Store Manager manages all aspects of the store to maximise sales turnover, profit, customer satisfaction and staff recruitment, engagement, development, performance, and retention.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Develop culture “where every local is loved” in store
- Assist store manager to discipline, counsel, and coach employees when required
- Ensure all supermarket staff work together cohesively and efficiently
- Develop a proactive, positive culture in store in line with Tucker Fresh vision, mission & values
- Assist store manager with monitoring budgets
- Identify problems with profitability and identify and implement strategies for improvement
- Engage in smart purchasing & oversee all purchasing
- Identify current and future customer needs by establishing excellent rapport with existing and potential customers
- Review all reports provided & put action plans in place for improvements
- Enforce all regulations and policies relating to HR, safety, security, and fire precautions applicable within the supermarket are adhered to
- Maintain strict hygiene standards throughout the supermarket
What are we looking for? Someone with the following:
- Exceptional customer service skills with a demonstrated record of strong achievement in meeting customer needs
- Knowledge of profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Ability to communicate effectively with the ability to earn trust
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality
- Organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively
- Experience in the counselling and disciplinary process – instils a fair disciplinary approach
- Ability to lead by example, delegating effectively and holding staff accountable – delegates tasks & responsibilities
- Knowledge of buying & selling in the retail industry
Working within your local community, this is an excellent opportunity to combine your passion and retail leadership experience while progressing your career.
This role has great and flexible hours along with an above award wage, plus bonuses for hitting your KPI’s.
How to Apply
If that sounds like you, we want to hear why you would be perfect for this role.
Please apply online with your resume via website or seek https://www.seek.com.au/job/53838675